The No Pants Tram Ride is being run as part of something a lot bigger than the Adelaide Flashmob! The No Pants Subway Ride is a global event started by Improv Everywhere in New York in 2002. Check them out at http://www.improveverywhere.com!
DATE: January 9th, 2011
TIME: 12:00pm – 3:00pm
WHERE: Meet at Hindmarsh Square in the city, we’ll finish up at Glenelg.
The Annual No Pants Ride is here once again. As usual, we’ll be joining thousands of people all across the globe on this epic day! The idea’s simple: People on the Glenelg Tram are going to be surprised when people with no pants on get on the tram at stops all along the way to Glenelg.
Here’s how it works:
1) Meet at Hindmarsh Square where we’ll split everyone up into groups and give each group a certain tram stop to get off/get on at
2) Everyone make their way to the Rundle Mall tram stop (fully clothed!!)
We’ll all catch the same tram heading towards Glenelg
3) Just before your group’s stop, take your pants off, put them in your bag and get off the tram
4) Wait for the next tram to come along and board it
5) When you’re on the tram – with no pants – it’s important that we pretend that nothing’s out of the ordinary.
6) When we arrive at Glenelg, we’ll head straight for the beach. Make your way to the Jetty where we’ll be taking a few group shots and handing out a bunch of prizes to people (e.g. Best Socks and Jocks Combo, Best Straight Face and more!)
Now, if you’re thinking that there’s no way you’re going to ride the tram pants-less consider this… Improv Everywhere run this event every year in New York and last time they managed to get over 3000 people, That’s Right OVER THREE THOUSAND, to go pants-less and for them its the middle of winter. In the Aussie summer going pants-less is actually more comfortable than wearing pants.
This is going to be an awesome day. Tell your friends about it by clicking the ‘share’ link.
If you’re interested in Attending but don’t want to remove your pants, we have a number of active support roles to be filled.
Note: This is not a Ride to Maslin Beach… so wear Underwear or else!
Note: All normal Undergarments are allowed provided that it is clear that it is underwear.
Note: No G-strings, Mankinis
If you have any further questions; post them on the bellow or email us: email@example.com
If you’re on Facebook, you can head directly to the Facebook Event
**IF THIS EVENT ISN’T FOR YOU THEN YOU CAN STILL HELP US. YOU MAY KNOW SOMEONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO GET INVOLVED. TO ENSURE THEY DON’T MISS OUT, PLEASE INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS**
YOUR ASSISTANCE WILL HELP MAKE THIS EVENT A SUCCESS!
Here’s a video from Improv Everywhere’s event last year to give an idea of what we’re doing 😀